Thursday, January 31, 2008

Such a bad blogger!!!

Good grief it has been FOREVER since I've blogged!! So horrible of me :-(

So I'm in need of alot of updates:

First of all I GRADUATED!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! lol even though the day of graduation was rainy and humid (thus my hair looked like CRAP) it didn't dampen my spirits and I was so happy to finally be DONE with school!

So immediately starting job hunting which was an ordeal on its own but I got a job with Bankers Life and Casualty so I've been working on getting my insurance license and training and WOW life has been a whirlwind!
One thing I have learned about the "real world": NOTHING IS FREE!!!! gees everywhere I turn it costs money for EVERYTHING! Fingerprints...license..exam...license application...exam study materials......good grief I think the Department of Insurance in Florida now owns my soul and rights to my firstborn child :-\

lol but other than that I'm super excited about finding a place of my own and actually stepping into this huge next step in my life. Oh and finding a place has been an ordeal too...gees...but it amazes me how God takes care of His children. Things just kept falling through until this past Sunday I was in Ladies Prayer group and I asked that we pray for me finding a place and afterwards my Sunday School teacher's wife came up and said they have a huge house (they have like 6 kids or some large number like that lol) and they have two rooms available and I'm welcome to stay with them for awhile!!! PRAISE THE LORD! I almost wanted to cry because of how God has provided. Lately I've been having to drive an hour one way to work stuff and the gas has been KILLING me! Now to mention my church is an hour away too....

and speaking of church...I joined Victory Baptist and I now have a church family!! May the Lord forever be praised because for the first time I feel like I'm at HOME! The church is just amazing---one of your good ole Bible-believing, soul winning, sound preaching independent Baptist church :-) Already I'm involved in choir and another ensemble and I am just loving all of this. I can't wait to officially be moved over and settled.

So now I'm in the process of packing up some of my stuff so I can move in with that family tomorrow! EEK! lol things are happening so fast I've barely had time to catch my breath! But God has been showing me time and time again how He does provide and meet my needs and I love Him so much for that.

I gotta say, I don't know how people who don't know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior go through huge life changes like this. There have been several times I've been close to a nervous break down because money being tight and everything going on, but Jesus just reminds me how He has promised He would take care of me and how he'll "never leave me nor forsake me." Praise the Lord!!! :-)

Alrighty, that's all for now. I'll try and keep up with this blog more now that things have kinda settled down lol

No comments: